What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® treatment uses a set of thin and transparent aligners to gently adjust mildly crowded and crooked teeth in place. Made out of strong, medical-grade plastic, Invisalign® clear aligners are an aesthetically pleasing and comfortable alternative to braces for straightening your teeth and maintaining a spotless, professional appearance.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
Get Invisalign® in four easy steps.
- Consultation - The dentist will examine your teeth and work with you to create a treatment plan that meets your unique needs and alignment goals.
- Customized Treatment Plan - Using an iTero digital 3D scanner, your dentist will take impressions of your teeth and show you before and after images of your teeth so you can see the dramatic orthodontic correction that Invisalign® can produce just for you.
- Adjustments - Your custom-made aligners will then be made in a lab. Once they come in, your dentist will adjust your aligners until you get the perfect fit.
- Show Off Your Smile - Wear your Invisalign® clear aligners daily (take them out to eat, drink, and brush your teeth) and change out your trays every two weeks for the best results! Invisalign® treatment makes it easy to get the straight, beautiful smile you want and feel confident while doing it!
Ready to transform your smile with Invisalign®? Contact our office today at 321-428-0866 to schedule an appointment.
How Long Does Invisalign® Take?
If worn day and night, and only taken out while drinking, eating, and brushing your teeth, Invisalign® clear aligners can straighten most people's teeth in just 6-18 months.
Invisalign® vs. Braces
Invisalign® treatment gradually straightens your teeth and blends in naturally with your smile, while braces use uncomfortable metal brackets, wires, and bands to adjust your teeth. Many people prefer Invisalign® clear aligners because of their non-intrusive appearance and the fact that they are removable.
That being said, while Invisalign® treatment can correct many issues, dentists will typically recommend braces over Invisalign® in scenarios involving overbite, crossbite, and underbites.
Does Invisalign® Hurt?
Great news! Invisalign® treatment is not painful. Although, you may feel some discomfort during the initial stages or after switching out aligners for a tighter fit. But don't worry! This is normal. In most cases, discomfort can be easily treated by drinking cold water or taking over-the-counter anti-inflammatories.
How Do You Clean Invisalign® Trays?
Because Invisalign® clear aligners are removable, patients must take special care to frequently clean their aligners. Effective methods for cleaning Invisalign® trays include:
- Thoroughly rinse your aligner with cool water before bed and after you eat or drink.
- Brush your aligners with a soft-bristled toothbrush (not one used for regular brushing) and a clear, gentle brand of liquid soap to remove accumulated food residue.
- Avoid using toothpaste to clean your aligners.
- Store your aligners in a special container when they are not being used (such as when you're eating, drinking, or brushing your teeth).
Do You Have to Wear a Retainer After Invisalign®?
After wearing Invisalign® for your prescribed amount of time, your dentist will recommend wearing a retainer once you have completed your treatment. You should also schedule biannual teeth cleanings to maintain your smile.
Does Insurance Cover Invisalign®?
Most insurance plans cover at least a portion of Invisalign® treatment. However, this varies for each plan. If you're interested in finding out how much treatment will cost under your insurance, contact our office today at 321-428-0866!
How Much Does Invisalign® Cost?
Since Invisalign® aligners are custom-made, the cost will vary per patient. If you're worried about whether you can afford Invisalign® treatment, feel free to speak with a member of our team to learn more about our payment options! Call us at 321-428-0866.